We did it! Finally, Madden goes to bed without (or with very little) struggle. I figured i would post what he did and then what finally worked - for others and if we need to do it again (LOL).
What we were doing - he would scream and cry when even mentioned it was time to go to bed - now remember this came out of no where...he had been doing amazing at bed time. We would have to hold him down in his bed and run out, he would follow and we would put him in several times. We tried shutting the door, baby gate, bribing, nothing worked. It would take about an hour to get him to finally go to sleep, then he would wake up in the middle of the night once, twice or three times and it was the same struggle.
What we did wrong - let him sleep in our bed and laid down with him to get him to go to sleep.
What worked - I read tons of comments and did lots of research, wanted a clock or something where i could tell him "when its this color we sleep and this color its morning." Clocks are way pricey and with shipping - out of the question - why doesnt a store carry somethign like that....no clue b/c i called every place thinkable and nothing!
A friend made a comment about a night light on a timer...so I bought a blue night light (more soothing) and a cheap digital timer (lowes) all for about $15.00. I plugged it and set the timer to turn on at 7:300 and repeated "blue light means night night"
he struggled the first night a little...so i read some stories to his teddy bear...which calmed him down and I was able to talk to him. The second night he struggled when i said its time for bed but once i asked him to pick out a book, he was fine. He wined a little when i left the room but was ok. By the third and fourth night..we was repeating "blue light means night night" and was asking me to shut the door. I am so amazed!!
I hope this helps you fellow mothers. Good luck and dont fuss at him/her, its now thier fault.
No comments:
Post a Comment